Friday, March 6, 2009

Carrying a "He who must not be named" mark on my forehead

It's Friday, March 6th, and I'm just now back in front of a computer. After speaking at the Focus on the Family Simulcast on Saturday, I flew home, taught our Sunday morning "parents with grade school children" class at Scottsdale Bible Church, and then flew back out Sunday afternoon to Dallas, Texas. Sunday night after landing, I meet with an incredible ministry called, Marriage Mentors. Only I was sick in Colorado (missing the evening dinner with all the other speakers), felt worse on Sunday, and got really, really sick late Sunday night. For only the second time in 25 years -- I couldn't answer the bell. I called Dewey Wilson (the founder of Marriage Mentors) and told him that I was just too sick to drive over that morning for our next meeting. I called my family doctor (who lives down the street from us) and he chewed me out severely and told me to get home immediately! To make the story shorter, I was able to fly home a few hours later, go to the doctor that afternoon, and to go to bed Monday afternoon with what I was told was "the worst inner ear infection" my doctor had seen in quite some time.
However... that's where "He who must not be named comes in."
It was late at night on Monday after I was home, and I was feeling terrible. I decided to get up and go into the kitchen to get some water, but with the severe inner ear infection, my head started spinning (Similar to vertigo I'm told). I passed out, hit the floor -- with my head -- and so when Cindy walked around the corner to see what had happened (I guess I upset the dogs sleep by falling), I was unconscious, laying on the floor, and blood pouring from my head! (It was actually a small cut on my forehead, but head wounds bleed like crazy!). Next thing I remember, the paramedics are there, and I'm on my way to the hospital! After all the tests you can imagine (lasting all night), it was declared I just had an inner ear infection that threw off my balance. And of course, I've got this really cool cut on my forehead that looks (my older daughter says) like Harry Potter's scar! (Except, I think mine will go away in a few weeks).
Since Monday night, I have spent more time in bed then I have in a decade, so I'm actually feeling better and certainly am rested up. All that to say, "He who must not be named" may have gotten the best of my head on Monday, but I'm thankful for Almighty God's healing and for a wonderful family to make sure I'm able to head out next week on more trips and write more posts soon! Stay strong and keeping making 2 Degree changes. JT

No comments:

Post a Comment